Homelessness – How can I get help?

Image for Homelessness – How can I get help?

How can I get help?

If you are young and homeless you might lose contact with your friends and family, you could also miss out on education and training. Rhondda Cynon Taf Council can provide advice linked to your personal needs and work closely with other specialist agencies to help you get back home or if necessary provide you with temporary accommodation until other housing options can be explored. We will help guide you through the system and help you get back on your feet.

How can Rhondda Cynon Taf Council help me? They can offer friendly and impartial advice, you can contact them through the following: ….

The Housing Advice Centre is Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council’s specialist housing advice service for people who need help with their housing.
They are open:

  • Monday 9:00am – 5:00pm
  • Tuesday 9:00am – 5:00pm
  • Wednesday 9:00am – 5:00pm
  • Thursday – Telephone contact only (Emergency Assessments will remain available – please telephone in the first instance)
  • Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm

The service is delivered in partnership with;
(click the links for more information on the help and services they can provide to you).

  • Platform who provide housing advice to people with mental health problems
  • Shelter Cymru who offer daily specialist independent housing surgeries
  • Llamau who offer mediation to homeless young people (aged 16 – 21) who have been asked to leave home by family or friends

If you’ve been kicked out and not sure what to do next. Watch the below video for more information: