Mental health care for all: let’s make it a reality
This week marks the date of World Mental Health Day (10th October).
Here at YEPS were would like to encourage young people to be talking about Mental Health; getting support for the challenges and celebrating the positives. We all have our ups and downs #itsoknottobeok
YEPS can help signpost you or provide support.
We are running an exciting competition and would love for you to get involved!!
- Design a mental health tool for young people. This could be a poster, a gadget (like a fidget), a poem of encouragement / video / a review of a used wellbeing app or something completely new
- You can send us the design or send us a video explaining the item (no longer than 2 mins)
- There will be 3 prizes. A winner and 2 runner ups.
The winner will receive a hamper with a £40 Amazon voucher, a £40 Apple / Google voucher and a few surprise wellbeing items.
The 2 runners ups will receive a voucher choice of Amazon or Apple / Google to the value of £30
- The competition will be open from 6/10 – 16/10
- Send your entries to us via DM on @YEPSRCT on Instagram / Facebook or Twitter
- There will be a judging panel on the 19/10
- Winners will be announced on YEPS social media on 20/10
Criteria to enter
- You must be 11-25 and live in RCT
- You must submit before / on the closing date
- If any identifiable personal information is shared we will need to seek parental permission before re-sharing with the public
Depression and suicide: what you need to know and what you can do
Depression is a common mental health condition. For some people depression is mild and short-lived; for others, it is more severe and longer-term. Some people are affected only once; others more than once.
At worst, depression can lead to suicide. There is a lot that can be done, however, to prevent and treat depression and to help people who are thinking about suicide.
The links below provide information about depression and suicide and guidance on prevention and treatment.
GOT SOMETHING TO SAY?
You must be logged in to post comments on this websiteLogin Here Register