The Youth Engagement and Participation Service is Rhondda Cynon Taf’s Youth Service which engages with young people aged 11-25 from across communities to help improve their resilience and provide opportunities for new, exciting, fun activities. YEPS do this with a large group of full time and part time staff but also rely on enthusiastic, dedicated, hardworking volunteers.
YEPS are committed to providing high quality volunteer opportunities for people of all ages from all backgrounds supporting the different reasons for becoming a volunteer. We recognise the benefits of us having volunteers in place to support our staff and bring a fresh outlook to working with young people. We also recognise that volunteering can support your needs, your goals and your reasons for getting involved. Different reasons for volunteering include:
- Supporting Young Person Education- Volunteering can provide valuable hours and experience towards studies in school, college, Uni, training etc
- Getting into Youth Work as a career- Volunteering with YEPS can be starting point of pathway in a youth work career by gaining valuable youth work experience and also youth work training
- Giving something back to community- People of all ages are welcome to volunteer as a way of giving your time, skills and knowledge back into your local community
- Socialising, meeting people and using your time- Volunteering can be a way of meeting new people, having something to do in spare time and supporting wellbeing and improving confidence
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer with YEPS, there are simple, accessible ways to register your interest. This can be done on computer, tablet or mobile phone. To register your interest in becoming a YEPS volunteer, please see below:
- Click below link and complete online registration form with as much detail as possible- https://forms.office.com/r/Ur8zMfXfN8
- After completing the form, you will receive an email within 14 days confirming your registration and you will also receive welcome pack which include, key responsibilities of volunteer, volunteer code of conduct and frequently asked questions for volunteer.
- You will receive invitation to informal meeting with Workforce Development Team Leader to discuss placement hours, placement location, arrangement of DBS and volunteer induction which will include provisional start date
If you require any further information on Volunteering, please email email@example.com or telephone 07786523930
Volunteering with YEPS gave me so many opportunities as it was an insight on what youth work is all about. It gave me the push I needed to get out of the rut I was in, it helped me with the confidence in seeing I was able to do a youth work role. Volunteering made me feel confident and made me happy that I was doing something good for young people.Josie – Treorchy
The staff were so welcoming, they are such a close-knit team and everyone is always willing to help you if you need anything. I’ve learnt so much about how I can build relationships with young people to be a positive influence in their lives. I am now a casual youth work staff member with YEPS after my journey starting with a volunteer placementCaitlin – Cynon Valley